Skip to main content
Go to search page

Buy and apply MENU

FWP online licensing system on a mobile phone

Buy & Apply State Land Recreation Use Permit

Beginning July 1, everyone ages 12 and older will need a Montana Conservation License to access most state lands.  

A Special Recreation Use License is still required for trapping, commercial or concentrated recreation, outfitting or special events on state trust land. Information on access and licensing for special recreation on state trust land is available at