State of Montana Website Montana State Parks Website
  Home » Recreation » Licenses & Permits » River Recreation » Madison River
Madison River Special Recreation Permit
Madison River Madison River

In a collaborative effort, FWP and the BLM will require Special Recreation Permits on the Madison River beginning in 2008. Special Recreation Permits are authorizations that allow for commercial, competitive, and organized group recreational use of public lands and related waters.

The Madison River Special Recreation Permit ("SRP" or "permit") Operations Manual provides a comprehensive view of the SRP and has been presented to the public for comment. Intended primarily for agency use, the Operations Manual includes implementation policies and procedures that provide guidance to agency staff responsible for administering the SRP program. It is a working document that will be amended over time to reflect changes in the program.

For more information, please contact the Madison River Recreation Manager.