State of Montana Website Montana State Parks Website
  Home » Recreation » Licenses & Permits » River Recreation » Blackfoot River
Blackfoot River Special Recreation Permit
Blackfoot River

On March 10, 2005, the Fish, Wildlife & Parks Commission adopted administrative rules requiring a Special Recreation Permit to conduct commercial use, competitive events, and organized group activities on the Blackfoot River and lands adjacent to the river that are owned or managed by the department. The permit system is now in place and applications and general information can be obtained by contacting the FWP Blackfoot River Manager in Seeley Lake:
(406) 677-6804.

Blackfoot River Special Recreation Permit Program (Blackfoot River Special Recreation Permit Rules -PDF document 77 KB)