Tue Dec 03 16:41:00 MST 2013
Montana State Parks News
(Helena, MT) - Montana State Parks (stateparks.mt.gov) announced today that Recreational Trails Program (RTP) federal grants will be available for trail projects in Montana. Applications are due by March 1, 2014.
Montana State Parks manages the annual RTP grant program that administers federal funding with oversight from the Federal Highway Administration. Projects include: development, maintenance and rehabilitation work on urban, rural, and backcountry trails; planning and construction of community trails; and, a variety of trail stewardship programs. Eligible applicants can include federal, state, county or municipal agencies, private associations and clubs.
There will be a total of approximately $1.3 million in federal RTP funding available to be awarded. The following RTP grant categories are offered.
• The Small Grant category comprises sponsors requesting $20,000 or less per grant application.
• The General Grant category includes sponsors requesting $20,001-$45,000.
• One or two Big Grants of $90,000 will also be available this RTP grant cycle.
• For trails large enough to have regional significance in Montana, such as rail-to-trail projects, or large maintenance projects, the Special Set-Aside Grant is also available.
The Recreational Trails Program is now managed through an online grant management database system called, WebGrants. This system also allows on-going grant management, financial tracking, and reporting.
Apply for the RTP grants starting on December 3, 2013 at fundingmt.org.
Hands-on training sessions will be offered in early January for prospective applicants and current project sponsors. The listing of the upcoming RTP training sessions follows:
Dates: Location: Time:
• January 3 Kalispell, Region 1 FWP Conference Room (490 N. Meridian Rd.) 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
• January 9 Bozeman, Region 3 FWP Conference Room (1400 S. 19th Ave.) 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
• January 10 Helena, FWP HQ Commission Rooms (1420 E. Sixth Avenue) 12:00-3:30 p.m.
• January 14 Missoula, Region 2 FWP Conference Room (3201 Spurgin Rd.) 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
• January 16 Great Falls, Region 4 FWP Conference Room (4600 Giant Springs Rd.) 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
For more information visit: http://stateparks.mt.gov/recreation/rtpGrants.html or if there are specific questions, please contact Beth R. Shumate, Program Manager at 406-444-4585 or email@example.com
Visit Montana State Parks (stateparks.mt.gov) and enjoy camping, hiking, fishing, swimming, boating and more and discover some of the greatest natural and cultural treasures on earth.
Download our new APP! Montana State Parks Outdoor Guide
Connect with Montana State Parks on Facebook
A Division of Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks
Marketing and Communications Manager,
Montana State Parks
C (406) 459-3483
Beth R. Shumate
Recreation Trails Program Manager,
Montana State Parks