Wednesday, September 12, 2012
State Parks News
(Helena, MT) - Montana State Parks (stateparks.mt.gov), a division of Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks is encouraging motorized trail users to apply to serve on the citizen-based Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee (OHVAC).
The OHVAC advises the agency on the distribution of the annual OHV grant funds and provides recommendations regarding OHV related issues. Montana State Parks is seeking two new Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee members for two-year terms.
The OHVAC typically meets for one day, two to three times per year. Members are reimbursed for travel expenses. The Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee is made up of five statewide volunteer members.
To apply for the committee, please send a letter of interest or email that includes the following:
1) Your name, address, telephone number and E-mail address (if available).
2) Your involvement with trail projects and programs, such as OHV safety and ethics education.
3) The names of trail organizations to which you belong.
4) A description of your involvement with OHV recreational activities, and clubs in which you participate and how often.
5) Your philosophy and perspectives regarding recreational OHV trail use.
6) Other talents and experience you would bring to the committee.
Apply by mailing to: Rusty Ruchert, OHV Program Manager, Montana State Parks, PO Box 200701, Helena, MT 59620-0701 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters of interest are due by 5:00 p.m., October 12, 2012. For any questions, please contact Rusty Ruchert at 406-444-7642, or email email@example.com.
The Off-Highway Vehicle program is administered by Montana State Parks. This program includes: the OHV grant program, safety education and OHV ethics education. The funds that support this program are derived from gas tax and decal fees related to OHV use and registrations in Montana, and are separate from Montana State Parks’ revenues and other related funding sources.
Visit Montana State Parks (stateparks.mt.gov) and discover some of the greatest natural and cultural treasures on earth.
Connect with Montana State Parks on Facebook
A Division of Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks
Marketing and Communications Manager,
Montana State Parks
OHV Program Manager,
Montana State Parks