Tuesday, August 06, 2013
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks invites hunters, landowners, outfitters, and others to get involved now to help set hunting seasons for 2014 and 2015.
The public can comment online beginning Friday, Aug. 9 and at a series of statewide open houses later this month at most FWP regional offices.
The open house meetings will include a brief overview of the season setting process, and the public can stop by any time during the open house to visit with FWP biologists and game wardens.
The meetings will be held at the following locations:
- Aug. 13, 6-9 p.m.: Glasgow—Valley County Courthouse; 501 Court Sq.
- Aug. 13, 6-9 p.m.: Kalispell—FWP Region 1 HQ; 490 N. Meridian Rd.
- Aug. 13, 6:30-9 p.m.: Missoula—FWP Region 2 HQ; 3201 Spurgin Rd.
- Aug. 22, 6-9 p.m.: Billings—FWP Region 5 HQ; 2300 Lake Elmo Dr.
- Aug. 22, 6-9 p.m.: Bozeman—FWP Region 3 HQ; 1400 S. 19th Ave.
- Aug. 22, 6-9 p.m.: Great Falls—FWP Region 4 HQ; 4600 Giant Springs Rd.
- Aug. 22, 6-9 p.m.: Miles City—FWP Region 7 HQ; 352 I-94 Business Loop
"We're looking for discussions about any hunting regulation changes folks would like FWP to consider," said FWP Director Jeff Hagener in Helena. "We're also hoping to learn more about what hunters are experiencing afield and what they don't want to see changed in the future."
To submit comments online beginning Friday, Aug. 9 go to fwp.mt.gov, then click "Hunting." The comment deadline is 5 p.m. on Sept. 6.
Proposals that emerge for the 2014 and 2015 hunting seasons will be presented to the FWP Commission in December, followed by public comment opportunity in January 2014. The Commission will adopt final rules in February.