Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Hunters planning to pursue wild turkeys in parts of western Montana this fall must apply for a special permit by July 25.
Limited permit areas and season dates include:
- Western Montana-Region 2: Sept. 1-Jan. 1, 2014
- Mineral County Area—50 permits
- Southwestern Montana-Region 3: Sept. 1-Jan. 1, 2014
- Lewis & Clark/Broadwater County Area—25 permits; and two youth permits
- Gallatin/Madison County Area—50 permits and 10 youth permits
- Upper Missouri Area—20 permits and two youth permits
- Park County—30 permits and two youth permits.
Fall turkey hunters must apply for permits online, by mail using an official application or at any FWP regional office. Online applications are available at fwp.mt.gov under "Buy a License" and must be completed by 11:30 p.m. on July 25.
Mail-in applications, which can be found on FWP's website, must be received by 5 p.m. on July 25. Mail-in applications must be sent to: Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks; License Section; Fall Turkey Drawing; P.O. Box 8009; Helena MT 59620-8009.
Successful applicants will be notified by mail and will be required to purchase a valid fall turkey license before hunting.