Friday, September 30, 2011
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks officials ask that hunters take the time to review Montana's hunting rules and regulations to ensure they act within the law and are prepared to recognize when others violate the law.
Any violation afield can be reported to TIP-MONT on 1-800-TIP-MONT, that is 1-800-847-6668.
Here are some of the most common game violations:
- failure to obtain permission from landowners before hunting on private property,
- wasting any part of a game animal suitable for food,
- failure to properly validate a license or tag or securely fasten it visibly to a game animal immediately after it is taken and before it is moved or transported from the kill site,
- taking game from the wrong hunting district,
- using someone else's tag on a game animal you killed, or tagging a game animal that someone else killed,3
- failure to leave evidence of sex attached.
FWP encourages hunters to protect the future of their sport by hunting responsibly and calling the toll-free 1-800-TIP-MONT (1-800-847-6668) number to report witnessed or suspected property vandalism, trespass or wildlife violations, violations in Montana State Parks, and on USFS, BLM and other lands. Callers may be eligible for a cash award of up to $1,000 if the information leads to a conviction. To learn more, go to the FWP website at fwp.mt.gov on the Enforcement page.