Fri Oct 31 00:00:00 MDT 2008
Although hunting is not a "team sport," sportsmanship and ethics are as important in hunting as they are in any other outdoor activity.
If hunters keep a few simple thoughts in mind, they can hunt safely and set a good example for other hunters.
- Follow the rules of safe gun handling.
- Be proficient in the use of your equipment.
- Know and obey laws and regulations.
- Develop hunting skills and knowledge.
- Develop a personal code of conduct.
- Respect the wildlife you hunt and the land it inhabits.
- Respect other hunters and rights of non-hunters and landowners.
- Relax and enjoy your hunt, whether you get your game or not.
- Get involved in conserving wildlife and hunting.
- Be a role model; share your skill and knowledge with others.