State of Montana Website Montana State Parks Website
  Home » News » News Releases » Hunting » Surplus Special Licenses And Permits Go On Sale
Surplus Special Licenses And Permits Go On Sale
Friday, August 31, 2001
This news release was archived on Monday, July 1, 2002

Surplus elk permits, and antelope and deer "B" licenses, will go on sale Tuesday, September 4.

The licenses will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis by mail application only from the FWP Helena headquarters through September 14.After September 14, any remaining licenses will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis by the FWP region where the licenses are valid.

Hunters who drew an elk permit through FWP's 2001 special drawings cannot purchase a similar surplus license. Hunters with an either-sex antelope license may apply for a doe or fawn antelope license through this application process for surplus licenses.Those successful in the regular drawings in drawing a deer B license may apply for remaining surplus licenses after Sept. 14.

Resident applications for surplus licenses, which include a list of hunting districts where licenses remain, are available at most license agents and all FWP offices.Nonresident applications, which also include a list of districts for which licenses and permits remain, are available from any FWP office.

All applications received before September 4 will be considered as having been received on the 4th.