Thursday, July 24, 2014
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks will conduct hearings on Aug. 14 at several locations on proposed new rules to establish a voluntary wolf management stamp for anyone to make a donation to Montana's wolf management program.
The proposed rules would direct FWP to make available for sale a $20 wolf stamp and would define how the voluntary donations would be allocated to wolf management activities.
The hearings are set for 6 p.m. on Aug. 14, at the following FWP locations:
- Helena Headquarters; 1420 E. 6th Ave.
- Bozeman Region 3 HQ; 1400 S. 19th Ave.
- Billings Region 5 HQ; 2300 Lake Elmo Dr.
- Glasgow Region 6 HQ; 54078 U.S. Highway 2 West
- Great Falls Region 4 HQ;4600 Giant Springs Road
- Kalispell Region 1 HQ; 490 N. Meridian Road
- Miles CityRegion 7 HQ; 352 I-94Business Loop
- Missoula Region 2 HQ; 3201 Spurgin Road
Under the new rules, money received from the sale of wolf management stamps would be considered a donation and must first be used to pay for the cost of administering the stamp program. The remainder would be required to be equally distributed for livestock loss reduction program grants, wolf monitoring, habitat projects, scientific research, public education and outreach, and law enforcement.
The public comment deadline has been extended to Aug 22. Comment via the FWP website at fwp.mt.gov. Click Public Notices. Or write to: Wolf Stamp Comments; Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks;Communication Education Division; P.O. Box 200701, Helena, MT 59620-0701. Email comments to email@example.com; or Fax to 406-444-4952.