Fri Nov 01 09:01:00 MDT 2013
The Montana Fish & Wildlife Commission is seeking comment on proposed amendments to rules that provide for landowners or their agents without a hunting license to take a wolf that is a potential threat to human safety, livestock or pets.
The proposed rule amendments would provide a means to carry out a new state law while ensuring the lawful take and reporting is formally defined and authorized. Proposed amendments also reflect various updates and clarifications identified since the wolf was delisted.
Public hearings to discuss the rule are scheduled to start at 6 p.m. on the following dates:
- Dec. 2 Bozeman FWP Region 3 HQ; 1400 S. 19th St.
- Dec. 3 Great Falls FWP Region 4 HQ–via video–4600 Giant Springs Rd.
- Dec. 3 Billings FWP Region 5 HQ–via video–2300 Lake Elmo Dr.
- Dec. 3 Helena FWP HQ; 1420 E. 6th Ave.
- Dec. 4 Kalispell 490 N. Meridian Rd.
- Dec. 9 Missoula 3201 Spurgin Rd.
- Dec. 10 Glasgow FWP Region 6 HQ–via video–54078 US Hwy 2 W.
- Dec. 10 Miles City FWP Region 7 HQ–via video–352 I-94 Business Loop.
Copies of the draft rule and comment forms are available online at fwp.mt.gov. Click "Public Notices".
Public comment on the draft rule will be accepted through, Dec. 20.
A final rule will considered for approval by the Fish & Wildlife Commission in Spring 2014. For more information, call 406-444-2612, or visit the FWP website at fwp.mt.gov.