Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Hunters from Montana, Nevada, Washington, Wisconsin, and Minnesota will get another shot at the dream this fall after winning one Montana's eight big game SuperTags.
The eight winners drawn this week are:
- Antelope: Wesley Copper—Kalispell, Mont.
- Bighorn sheep: Timothy Fischer—Muskego, Wisc.
- Bison: Audra Rutter—Emigrant, Mont.
- Deer: Trevor Dishon—Las Vegas, Nev.
- Elk: Michael Kinney—Otis Orchards, Wash.
- Moose: James Lester—Stevensville, Mont.
- Mountain goat: James Zifko—Ashland, Wisc.
- Mountain lion: Edward Schabert—Wyoming, Minn.
SuperTag winners can use the license to hunt in any legal district open for that species during the upcoming hunting season, including Montana's limited entry areas.
As in past years, 2013 SuperTag chances for the bighorn sheep license were the most popular among hunters with 21,602 chances sold. Hunters purchased 8,768 chances on elk; 6,971 on moose; 4,563 on mountain goat; 2,576 on bison; 2,728 on deer; 1,317 on antelope, and 1,041 on mountain lion.
Montana residents purchased a total of 24,032 chances compared to 25,534 purchased by nonresidents. Sales revenue for all eight drawings combined will provide $247,830 to enhance public hunting access and boost FWP enforcement efforts.