Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks is seeking applicants to fill five volunteer positions on the Region 3 Citizens’ Advisory Committee (CAC).
Established in 2006, the Region 3 CAC is a general advisory committee that works with FWP on a wide variety of regional issues and programs. Citizen advisors serve in a voluntary capacity with meals and travel expenses provided. Half-day meetings are held quarterly in Bozeman. All meetings are open to the public.
Applicants are being sought to fill vacancies created by the expiration of five members’ terms. Applicants from across southwest Montana will be considered. FWP is interested in selecting members from a pool of candidates who represent a variety of interests, including but not limited to hunters, anglers, landowners, trappers, outdoor recreationists, conservationists, and the general public.
The function of the CAC is to:
· Help promote Montana’s strong hunting, fishing, trapping, and outdoor recreation traditions
· Give citizens more direct input into FWP decisions
· Provide a forum for ongoing two-way communication with our neighbors and communities in southwest Montana
· Help FWP personnel maintain and improve responsiveness to the public
· Help FWP identify emerging issues
· Provide advice and perspective on important resource and management issues
· Assist FWP with crafting local, sustainable solutions on regional and statewide issues
“We encourage anyone who is interested in the natural resources of southwest Montana to apply,” said Pat Flowers, Region 3 Supervisor. “The CAC is a diverse group of citizen advisors who help us with many programs and issues and bolster our efforts to involve citizens in managing the region’s abundant fish, wildlife, and recreational resources.”
Applicants will be asked to provide an overview of their interests and involvement in natural resource issues. Finalists may be asked to interview by phone or in person.
To obtain an application, visit the FWP Region 3 office at 1400 S. 19th Ave., call 406-994-4042, or email email@example.com. Completed applications must be returned to FWP by December 31, 2009. FWP Region 3 managers will select the new members. All applicants will be notified by mail in February 2010 about the results of the selection process.