Thu Jul 27 00:00:00 MDT 2006
The Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks Commission is seeking public comment on proposed new rules that would require a permit and a fee to use FWP managed sites for commercial purposes.
Commercial uses would include guided angling and rafting, guided walks and tours, guided trail rides, and commercial filming.
The proposed commercial use rules include guidelines for evaluating whether a request is compatible with public expectations and with the management objectives for that FWP site.
FWP also is seeking public comment on two alternatives for commercial use on wildlife management areas. One would prohibit commercial use on these sites and the other would allow some types of approved commercial use.
Public comments will be taken until Sept. 12 and during eight public meetings to be held in August from 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. on:
· Aug. 21 in Butte at the Red Lion Hotel.
· Aug. 22 in Bozeman at the FWP Region 3 Headquarters.
· Aug. 23 in Billings at the FWP Region 5 Headquarters.
· Aug. 24 in Miles City at the FWP Region 7 Headquarters.
· Aug. 28 in Missoula at the Holiday Inn Parkside.
· Aug. 29 in Kalispell at the West Coast Outlaw Hotel.
· Aug. 30 in Great Falls at the FWP Region 4 Headquarters.
· Aug. 31 in Glasgow at the FWP Region 6 Headquarters.The full text of the proposed rules is available on the FWP web site at under Public Notices, Commercial Use Permit Fee and Commercial Use Of Department Lands. Please email comments by Sept. 12 to: email@example.com; or mail them to: Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks, Attn: Commercial Use Rules, P.O. Box 200701, Helena, MT 59620-0701.