Headlines - Region 3
Mon Jan 30 00:00:00 MST 2006
Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks Region 3 will hold its first-ever Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) meeting on Thursday, February 2, 2006 beginning at 6 p.m. at the FWP Region 3 Headquarters in Bozeman (1400 S. 19th Avenue). The public is welcome and encouraged to attend. The meeting is scheduled to adjourn at 9:30 p.m.
Sixteen citizen advisors were selected from across Region 3 and hail from many communities including Ennis, Dillon, Bozeman, Butte, Gardiner, Emigrant, Helena, Cameron, and Divide. Chosen from a pool of 55 applicants, these first committee members also represent a variety of interests and backgrounds.
The committee will meet periodically and will be asked to provide input and guidance on the many natural resource and management issues addressed by FWP in Region 3. Evening meetings will be held four times per year throughout the region. All CAC meetings will be open to the public.
Items on the agenda for the first meeting include a welcome and overview of FWP, introductions of committee members and staff, an overview of the role of the CAC, audience comments, brief presentations by Region 3 program managers, a discussion and brainstorming session of topics for future meetings, and scheduling the remainder of 2006 meetings.
The function of the CAC is to:
· Help promote Montana’s strong hunting, fishing, trapping, and outdoor recreation traditions
· Give citizens more direct input into FWP decisions
· Provide a forum for ongoing two-way communication with our neighbors and communities in southwest Montana
· Help FWP personnel maintain and improve responsiveness to the public
· Help FWP identify emerging issues
· Provide advice and perspective on important resource and management issues
· Assist FWP with crafting local, sustainable solutions on regional and statewide issues
For more information, please contact Melissa Frost, Region 3 Information and Education Manager, at 406-994-4042 or firstname.lastname@example.org.