Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks is seeking applicants to fill 12 volunteer positions on the first-ever Region 3 Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC). FWP will ask the committee to provide input and guidance on the variety of natural resources and issues addressed by the agency.
The CAC will be a general advisory committee that meets periodically and works with FWP on a wide array of Region 3 issues and programs. Citizen advisors will serve in a voluntary capacity with meals and travel expenses provided. Evening meetings will be held two to four times per year in various communities in the region. The CAC meetings will be open to the public.
Citizen advisors will be selected from across Region 3, including Beaverhead, Broadwater, Gallatin, Jefferson, Madison, Park, Silver Bow, and parts of Lewis and Clark and Deer Lodge Counties. FWP is interested in selecting members from a large pool of candidates who represent a variety of communities and interest groups. The department welcomes interest from hunters, anglers, landowners, trappers, outdoor recreationists, conservationists, and the general public.
The function of the CAC will be to:
· Help promote Montana’s strong hunting, fishing, trapping, and outdoor recreation traditions
· Give citizens more direct input into FWP decisions
· Provide a forum for ongoing two-way communication with our neighbors and communities in southwest Montana
· Help FWP personnel maintain and improve responsiveness to the public
· Help FWP identify emerging issues
· Provide advice and perspective on important resource and management issues
· Assist FWP with crafting local, sustainable solutions on regional and statewide issues
“We encourage anyone who is interested in the natural resources of southwest Montana to apply,” said Pat Flowers, Region 3 Supervisor. “We look forward to working with a diverse group of citizen advisors who can help us with the many programs and issues we work on in Region 3 and bolster our efforts to involve citizens in managing the region’s abundant fish, wildlife and recreational resources.”
If you are interested in serving on the CAC, please call the FWP Region 3 Office in Bozeman at 994-4042 or email email@example.com. Interested persons will receive an application by mail or email. Completed applications must be returned to FWP by Friday, December 2, 2005. FWP Region 3 managers will select the candidates. The first CAC meeting is planned for early 2006.