Fri Jan 30 00:00:00 MST 2004
Montana’s Fish, Wildlife & Parks Commission will meet Feb. 12, in Helena at the FWP Headquarters building on 1420 East Sixth Ave. The meeting will begin at 8 a.m.
The commission will make final decisions on:
* acquisition of two Lower Blackfoot River fishing access sites near Missoula;
* transfer of Tower Rock, eight miles south of Cascade, from the Montana Department of Transportation to be a State Park;
* purchase of a conservation easement from DNRC within the Blackfoot Clearwater Wildlife Management Area;
* the annual prairie dog rule; and
* a water lease and easement with the Froedtert Malting Company for water at Giant Springs Fish Hatchery.
The bulk of the meeting will focus on taking final action on the big game general hunting regulations and other 2004 hunting seasons, quotas and issues. Public comment periods on these issues are completed and the commission will not be taking additional comment.
A tentative decision will be made on a commercial fishing permit to harvest carp from Canyon Ferry Reservoir and the Three Forks Ponds. The commission will discuss FWP's legislative and fiscal priorities.
At a work session, set to begin at 2 p.m. on Feb. 11, the commission will review FWP finances, discuss Montana’s hunting season-setting process, and receive an update on wolf management.
The full agenda for the FWP Commission meeting can be found by clicking on the FWP Commission icon on the bottom of the FWP home page at www.fwp.state.mt.us.
FWP ensures its meetings are fully accessible to those with a disability. Individuals with special needs may request arrangements by contacting FWP at 406-444-3186.