Wed Aug 27 00:00:00 MDT 2003
REVISED FWP COMMISSION AGENDA
The FWP Commission agenda for the Sept. 11 meeting has been revised. Issues relating to the Teton Spring Creek Bird Preserve, north of Choteau, will be discussed at a later meeting.
MONTANA FISH, WILDLIFE & PARKS COMMISSION TO MEET IN BILLINGS SEPT. 11
Montana’s Fish, Wildlife & Parks Commission will meet Thursday, Sept. 11, in Billings at the Billings FWP Regional office, 2300 Lake Elmo Dr., beginning at 8 a.m.
During Thursday’s session, final decisions will be made on the next round of Future Fisheries project grants; an easement for the construction of a fish screen on Republican Canal on the Bitterroot River, six miles south of Hamilton; and on terminating the Green Meadow Game Preserve west of Helena in the Scratchgravel area.
The commission will also tentatively rule on:
* the 2004 non-resident combination license rule;
* a proposed ARM rule restricting the use of motorized watercraft on the Lower Swan River from Swan Lake to Bear Creek in northwestern Montana;
* a State Parks Biennial Fee Rule change to discontinue resident daily entrance fees beginning in 2004 when a new fee system authorized by the 2003 legislature goes into effect;
* a proposal to implement camping fees at Thompson Chain-of-Lakes Fishing Access Site west of Kalispell; and
* a revision to the Smith River annual rule to increase the revenue allocated to corridor enhancement from five to seven percent of fees collected on the river.
The commission also will discuss Montana’s final Wolf Conservation and Management Plan EIS and a recommendation to proceed with the timeline and planning for a bison hunt authorized by the 2003 Montana Legislature.
The full agenda for the FWP Commission meeting can be found by clicking on the FWP Commission icon on the bottom of the FWP home page at www.fwp.state.mt.us.