пятница, августа 18, 2000Several parks and campgrounds within Gov. Marc Racicot's executive order to apply Level V restrictions to ten west central Montana counties, are permitted to remain open to recreation, FWP officials said today.
Exempted from the order are:
- Seeley Lake, Lake Alva, Salmon Lake State Park, Placid Lake State Park along with River Point, Alva, Big Larch, Salmon, Placid and Seeley campgrounds.
- Quartz campground off Interstate-90 west of Superior.
- Frenchtown Pond west of Missoula.
- Georgetown Lake and associated hosted campgrounds at Phillipsburg Bay, Piney, Lodgepole and Cable.
- The Clark Fork River below the confluence of the Flathead River, along with Thompson Falls State Park.
- Silver Lake and Spring Hill campgrounds near Anaconda.
No campfires, barbecues or propane or gas stoves are allowed in these areas.
All other recreation-including boating and fishing--in all areas within the Level V zone is closed to all public recreation. The Level V zone restrictions went into effect Friday, Aug. 11 and include: Deer Lodge, Granite, Lake, Mineral, Missoula, Powell, Ravalli, Sanders and Silver Bow counties, and the portion of Lewis & Clark County that lies west of the Continental Divide.
All other access to all public lands and waters and all private forested lands in the ten county area of west central Montana is prohibited.