Fri Aug 18 00:00:00 MDT 2000Due to Montana's current drought conditions and high fire danger, hunters may encounter Block Management closures or restrictions.
Some BMA cooperators may be reluctant to make access commitments until weather conditions improve.
FWP's Block Management Program offers public hunting access to nearly 8 million acres of private and isolated public land enrolled by almost 1,000 landowners.
Hunters should contact regional FWP offices or BMA landowners prior to making final hunting trip plans, to identify any possible land closures, restrictions, or other actions that could affect hunting activities. Here are phone numbers for FWP's regional offices:
* Northwest--Kalispell Region 1 406-752-5501
* West-central--Missoula Region 2 406-542-5500
* South-central--Bozeman Region 3 406-994-4042
* Central-Great Falls Region 4 406-454-5840
* East-central--Billings Region 5 406-247-2940
* Northeast--Glasgow Region 6 406-228-3700
* Southeast-Miles City Region 7 406-232-0900
Hunters can get up-to-date drought and fire information from FWP's web site: fwp.state.mt.us. Look for the "Fire/Drought Update" link on the homepage.