Friday, August 20, 1999Upland game bird seasons begin in Montana September 1 and, in some instances, run through December 15. Hunters are encouraged to consult upland game bird hunting regulations which are available at all license agents and FWP headquarters. The following are dates and bag limits for upland game birds for 1999:
* Sharp-tailed grouse September 1December 15, bag limits: 4 daily, possession limit is four times the daily bag limit
* Sage grouse September 1-November 1, bag limits: 2 daily, possession limit is three times the daily bag limit
* Partridge September 1-December 15, bag limits: 8 in aggregate daily, posession limit is four times the daily bag limit
* Pheasant October 9-December 15, bag limits: 3 cock pheasants daily, possession limit is three times the daily bag limit.
* Turkey (fall) September 1-December 15 with a one bird season possession limit.