Councils & Committees News - Region 7
Mon Apr 14 16:02:15 MDT 2014
MILES CITY—Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks, Region 7 is again accepting applications to reinstate an active Citizens’ Advisory Committee (CAC) in southeast Montana. The deadline to submit applications for the Region 7 CAC is Monday, May 19, 2014. To obtain an application, visit the FWP Region 7 office at 352 I-94 Business Loop, call 406-234-0900, or email email@example.com. FWP Region 7 managers will select the new members and all applicants will be notified by mail in June of the results of the selection process.
FWP is interested in selecting members from a pool of candidates who represent a variety of interests and communities within the Region. Applicants will be asked to provide an overview of their interests and involvement in natural resource issues. Finalists may be asked to interview by phone or in person.
The Citizens’ Advisory Committee is an informational board only and helps FWP achieve its goals by sharing information, ideas, emerging trends and initiatives from the public in a setting that welcomes differing points of view. Citizen advisors serve in a voluntary capacity with meals and travel expenses provided. Half-day meetings are held twice per year in Miles City and all meetings are open to the public.
Specifically, the functions of the CAC are to:
- Help promote Montana’s strong hunting, fishing, trapping, and outdoor recreation traditions
- Give citizens more direct input into FWP decisions
- Provide a forum for ongoing two-way communication with our neighbors and communities in southeast Montana
- Help FWP personnel maintain and improve responsiveness to the public
- Help FWP identify emerging issues
- Assist FWP with crafting local, sustainable solutions on regional and statewide issues