Councils & Committees News - Region 3
Monday, November 25, 2013
The deadline to submit applications for the Region 3 Citizens’ Advisory Committee (CAC) is this Friday, November 29. To obtain an application, visit the FWP Region 3 office at 1400 S. 19th Ave., call 406-994-4042, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. FWP Region 3 managers will select the new members and all applicants will be notified by mail by the end of the year about the results of the selection process.
FWP is interested in selecting members from a pool of candidates who represent a variety of interests and communities within the Region. Applicants will be asked to provide an overview of their interests and involvement in natural resource issues. Finalists may be asked to interview by phone or in person.
At the end of this year, the Region 3 CAC will be losing representation from the tourism industry, the conservation community, and members with fishing and hunting interests. Geographically speaking, some representatives from the Butte and Bozeman community will be terming out, while the Committee does not have a representative from the Dillon area at this time.
The Citizens’ Advisory Committee helps FWP achieve its goals by sharing information, ideas, emerging trends and initiatives from the public in a setting that welcomes differing points of view. Citizen advisors serve in a voluntary capacity with meals and travel expenses provided. Half-day meetings are held quarterly in Bozeman. All meetings are open to the public.
Specifically, the functions of the CAC are to:
• Help promote Montana’s strong hunting, fishing, trapping, and outdoor recreation traditions
• Give citizens more direct input into FWP decisions
• Provide a forum for ongoing two-way communication with our neighbors and communities in southwest Montana
• Help FWP personnel maintain and improve responsiveness to the public
• Help FWP identify emerging issues
• Provide advice and perspective on important resource and management issues
• Assist FWP with crafting local, sustainable solutions on regional and statewide issues