Councils & Committees News - Region 3
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks is seeking applicants to fill several volunteer positions on the Region 3 Citizens’ Advisory Committee (CAC). FWP is interested in selecting members from a pool of candidates who represent a variety of interests and communities within the Region.
At the end of this year, the Region 3 CAC will be losing representation from the tourism industry, the conservation community, and members with fishing and hunting interests. Geographically speaking, some representatives from the Butte and Bozeman community will be terming out, while the Committee does not have a representative from the Dillon area at this time.
The Citizens’ Advisory Committee helps FWP achieve its goals by sharing information, ideas, emerging trends and initiatives from the public in a setting that welcomes differing points of view. Citizen advisors serve in a voluntary capacity with meals and travel expenses provided. Half-day meetings are held quarterly in Bozeman. All meetings are open to the public.
Specifically, the functions of the CAC are to:
• Help promote Montana’s strong hunting, fishing, trapping, and outdoor recreation traditions
• Give citizens more direct input into FWP decisions
• Provide a forum for ongoing two-way communication with our neighbors and communities in southwest Montana
• Help FWP personnel maintain and improve responsiveness to the public
• Help FWP identify emerging issues
• Provide advice and perspective on important resource and management issues
• Assist FWP with crafting local, sustainable solutions on regional and statewide issues
Applicants will be asked to provide an overview of their interests and involvement in natural resource issues. Finalists may be asked to interview by phone or in person.
To obtain an application, visit the FWP Region 3 office at 1400 S. 19th Ave., call 406-994-4042, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications must be returned to FWP by November 29, 2013. FWP Region 3 managers will select the new members. All applicants will be notified by mail by the end of the year about the results of the selection process.