Thu Jul 31 10:28:00 MDT 2014
Montana's Fish & Wildlife Commission will meet Aug. 7 in Helena at Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks Headquarters, 1420 E. 6th Ave.
The meeting is set to begin at 8:30 a.m. Commissioners will make final decisions on:
- commercial use rules on FWP-managed lands;
- a construction related closure on the Pine Grove Pond Fishing Access site near Kalispell;
- 2014 early season and migratory bird hunting regulations;
- the selection of organizations to auction 2015 hunting licenses for moose, bighorn sheep, mountain goat, mule deer and elk;
- 2014-15 bison hunter requirements and roster use;
- a right-of-way easement on the Mount Haggin Wildlife Management Area near Anaconda;
- a conservation easement at Buffalo Coulee northwest of Glasgow.
At the meeting, FWP will ask the commission to approve the following proposals for public comment:
- 2015 annual fishing regulations;
- the annual review and new work plans for elk management guidelines in areas with brucellosis; and
- 2014 late season migratory bird hunting regulations.
In addition, commissioners will hear an update on the midsummer status of Montana's water supply and FWP will seek endorsements to pursue acquisitions of instream flows on Long Creek near Lima and a fishing access site on the Yellowstone River at the South Billings Bridge near Billings.
FWP ensures its meetings are fully accessible to those with special needs. To request arrangements call FWP at 406-444-3186.