Monday, November 04, 2013
Montana's Fish & Wildlife Commission will meet in Helena Nov. 14 at FWP Headquarters, 1420 E. 6th Ave.
The meeting is set to begin at 8:30 a.m. Commissioners will make final decisions on:
- an addition to the Pine Grove Fishing Access Site near Kalispell;
- a release of black-footed ferrets to augment a population on the Charles M. Russell National Wildlife Refuge south of Malta; and
- a 40-acre acquisition along Red Hill Rd. to secure year-long public access to national forest lands in the Big Snowy Mountains south of Lewistown.
Additionally, FWP will ask the commission to approve the following proposals for public comment:
- an annual rule for commercial bait seining;
- the City of Helena's urban deer management plan for 2013-14; and
- administrative rules for the Unlocking State Lands Program.
FWP will also seek the commission's endorsement to proceed to seek conservation easement agreements at Haskill Basin near Whitefish, Sinclair Creek south of Eureka, Olson Farms south of Ulm, Box Elder Creek south of Malta; and the Flatt Property near Dodson. FWP will also seek the commission's endorsement to proceed to seek a land exchange at the Aunt Molly Wildlife Management Area in the Blackfoot River Valley.
Finally, a commission work session is set for 1:30 p.m.to discuss FWP's policy for the illegal introduction of fish into Montana waters and an update on the federally required revision of FWP's State Wildlife Action Plan.
The work session will follow the Director's Award Luncheon to honor several FWP employees, which is set for 11:45 a.m. at the Montana Club, 24 W. 6th Ave.
FWP ensures its meetings are fully accessible to those with special needs. To request arrangements call FWP at 406-444-3186.
The full agenda and additional information on the scheduled topics may be found on the FWP website at fwp.mt.gov , click "For Commission Information."