Tuesday, August 06, 2013
Montana's Fish & Wildlife Commission will meet in Helena Aug. 8 at FWP Headquarters, 1420 E. 6th Ave.
The meeting is set to begin at 8:30 a.m. Commissioners will make final decisions on:
- the selection of organizations to auction 2014 hunting licenses for moose, bighorn sheep, mountain goat, mule deer and elk;
- a fishing access site on Prickly Pear Creek near Helena;
- a right-of-way easement on Amelia Island Fishing Access Site near Hysham;
- 2013 early season migratory bird hunting regulations;
- 2013 bison hunting quotas;
- 2013 elk harvest prescriptions in archery elk units; and
- 2013 furbearer quotas and trap setbacks.
Commissioners will rule on a no-wake petition for boating on Harrison Lake near Bozeman and be asked to extend comment on proposed administrative rules for boating on Lake Alva, Harpers Lake and Marshall Lake near Seeley Lake.
At the meeting, FWP will ask the commission to approve the following proposals for public comment:
- 2014 fishing regulation changes;
- 2013 late season migratory bird hunting regulations; and
- a 2014 work plan for elk management guidelines in areas with brucellosis.
In addition, commission endorsements will be sought to pursue a partial assignment of the Sourdough Creek conservation easement near Bozeman, and two public land access projects.
Finally, a work session will follow the meeting where FWP and the commission will discuss the hunting season setting process for 2014-15. No decisions are made at work sessions.
On Aug. 9, commissions will attend a full-day training session at FWP Headquarters that will include an overview of their duties as Montana Fish & Wildlife Commissioners.
FWP ensures its meetings are fully accessible to those with special needs. To request arrangements call FWP at 406-444-3186.
The full agenda and additional information on the scheduled topics may be found on the FWP website at fwp.mt.gov , click "For Commission Information."