星期三, 五月 01, 2013
Montana's Fish, Wildlife & Parks Commission will meet in Helena May 9 at Montana Wild, 2668 Broadwater Ave., next to Spring Meadow Lake State Park off Highway 12 West.
The meeting is set to begin at 8:30 a.m. Commissioners will make final decisions on:
- no-wake rules for Echo, Abbott and Peterson lakes northeast of Bigfork;
- a 10,760-acre conservation easement near Drummond; and
- a Blackfoot Clearwater Wildlife Management Area grazing lease near Seeley Lake.
The commission will also consider proposals for:
- upcoming wolf hunting and trapping seasons;
- upcoming upland game bird hunting harvest quotas and limits;
- the closure of the bighorn sheep hunt in hunting district 304 near Bozeman;
- a hunting access agreement in hunting district 411 in the Snowy Mountains;
- a Marias River WMA road access settlement near Shelby;
- a work plan for nongame conservation funded by income tax check-off contributions;
- a temporary waiver of fishing bag limits on Lake Lena in the Swan Range north of Seeley Lake;
FWP will seek the commission's endorsement of recommendations from the Madison River Citizen's Advisory Committee; a Big Springs Creek fishing access site acquisition near Lewistown; and possible bighorn sheep transplants from Wild Horse Island on Flathead Lake to augment at least three other herds in northwestern Montana and a possible transplant to the Madison-Bear Creek WMA near Big Sky.
FWP ensures its meetings are fully accessible to those with special needs. To request arrangements call FWP at 406-444-3186.
The full agenda and additional information on the scheduled topics may be found on the FWP website at fwp.mt.gov , click "For Commission Information."