Friday, April 05, 2013
Montana’s Fish, Wildlife & Parks Commission will meet in Helena April 11 at FWP Headquarters, 1420 E. Sixth Ave.
The meeting is set to begin at 8:30 a.m. Commissioners will make final decisions on:
- a temporary closure on the Yellowstone River for bridge reconstruction near Livingston;
- continuing the closure of the river banks on the Clark Fork River near Milltown for a re-vegetation project;
- continuing the closure on the Blackfoot River near Milltown for public safety concerns;
- the suspension of some portions of a Chronic Wasting Disease response plan, and
- approval of several grazing and farming leases on wildlife management areas.
The commission will also consider proposed 2013 mountain lion quotas, and temporary closures of the Bitterroot River near Florence for bridge repairs and on the Clark Fork River and Warm Springs WMA near Warm Springs for a Super Fund cleanup project.
FWP will also seek the commission's endorsement of membership recommendation for the Glendive Chamber of Commerce and Agriculture Paddlefish Advisory Committee. The commission will not, however, be asked to endorse recommendations from the Madison River Citizen's Advisory Committee. Those may be considered at a later date.
FWP ensures its meetings are fully accessible to those with special needs. To request arrangements call FWP at 406-444-3186.
The full agenda and additional information on the scheduled topics may be found on the FWP website at fwp.mt.gov , click "For Commission Information."