Fri Oct 22 00:00:00 MDT 2010
Montana’s Fish, Wildlife & Parks Commission will meet Nov. 18 at the FWP Helena Headquarters, 1420 East 6th Ave. beginning at 8:30 a.m.
The FWP Commission will make final decisions on the:
- Montana State Parks and Smith River State Park biennial fee rules;
- appeal of an ice fishing contest permit denial on Georgetown Lake;
- classification of coho salmon, Barbary falcon, koi and gold fish as controlled species;
- 2011 supplemental fishing regulation changes;
- 2010 bighorn sheep and mountain goat transplants; and
- FWP’s proposal to request a federal permit to remove wolves in the West Fork of the Bitterroot Valley under the 10(j) rule of the Endangered Species Act.
The commission will also consider the proposed nonresident big game combination license rule.
The FWP Commission will hear an informational presentation on wolf population management and meet with the Montana Board of Livestock in an afternoon work session.
FWP ensures its meetings are fully accessible to those with a disability. Individuals with special needs may request arrangements by contacting FWP at: 406-444-3186.
The full agenda and additional information on the scheduled topics may be found on the FWP web site at fwp.mt.gov by clicking on the FWP Commission icon.