Thu Feb 26 00:00:00 MST 2009
Montana’s Fish, Wildlife & Parks Commission will meet March 12 at the FWP Helena Headquarters, 1420 East 6th Ave, beginning at 8:30 a.m.
Commissioners will make final decisions on a number of issues including:
- funding of Future Fisheries Improvement Program projects;
- 2009 peregrine falcon quotas authorizing the take of up to five nestlings for falconry,
- FWP Region 2 deer season adjustment,
- a boundary change between hunting district 640 and 641,
- a habitat restoration project at Mount Haggin Wildlife Management Area,
- the Keep Cool Hills rule providing managed public access to this area near Lincoln;
- nominations to the Livestock Loss Reduction and Mitigation Board, and
- renewal of a water lease on Big Creek in the Paradise Valley.
The FWP Commission will also consider acquiring a new fishing access site on the Madison River south of Ennis, and an endorsement to seek resolution of the mineral rights issues associated with Rosebud Battlefield State Park.
The FWP Commission will also hear an update on the operation of the bison quarantine facility near Yellowstone National Park.
There will be an opportunity to address issues not on the agenda in the late morning, followed by a work session to orient new FWP Commission members.
FWP ensures its meetings are fully accessible to those with a disability. Individuals with special needs may request arrangements by contacting FWP at: 406-444-3186.
The full agenda and additional information on this meeting may be found on the FWP web site at fwp.mt.gov under the heading FWP Commission..