Fri Oct 31 00:00:00 MDT 2008
Montana’s Fish, Wildlife & Parks Commission will meet Nov. 10 at the FWP Helena Headquarters, 1420 East 6th Ave, beginning at 8 a.m.
Commissioners will make final decisions on the 2009 nonresident combination license annual rule; acquisition of Royal Teton Ranch grazing rights; the Lake Helena fishing access site memorandum of understanding and development; and several land acquisitions, including:
- a new state park and wildlife management area on Flathead Lake,
- a fishing access site on Elk Island and WMA on the Yellowstone River, both near Savage; and
- acquisitions on the Flathead River and on the North Fork of the Flathead River which will protect important bull trout habitat.
The commission will also consider endorsing proposals for:
- the Mount Haggin habitat restoration project;
- no-wake zones on two bays on Echo Lake near Kalispell,
- acquisition of the McWenneger Slough FAS on the Flathead River near Kalispell, and
- donation of the Clancy FAS on Prickly Pear Creek near Clancy.
Beginning at 10:30 a.m. there will be an opportunity to address issues not on the agenda, followed by a work session where the Elk Archery Committee will report its recommendations.
FWP ensures its meetings are fully accessible to those with a disability. Individuals with special needs may request arrangements by contacting FWP at: 406-444-3186.
The full agenda and additional information on this meeting may be found on the FWP web site at fwp.mt.gov under the heading FWP Commission.