Tue Jul 29 00:00:00 MDT 2008
Montana’s Fish, Wildlife & Parks Commission will meet Aug. 5 in Helena at the Colonial Red Lion Hotel, 2301 Colonial Drive, beginning at 8 a.m.
The FWP Commission will make final decisions on the:
- 2008 early season migratory bird regulations
- organizations to auction moose, bighorn sheep, mountain goat, deer and elk licenses
- 2008 bison seasons, hunting districts and quotas
- 2008 furbearer seasons and quotas
- wolf management administrative rules in anticipation of the eventual removal of wolves from the federal list of threatened and endangered species, and
- acquisition of a Fishing Access Site near Missoula and a conservation easement on 24,000 acres of prairie and riparian habitat in Valley County near Glasgow.
The FWP Commission will make tentative decisions on:
- 2009 fishing regulation changes
- 2008 late season waterfowl seasons.
The FWP Commission will also be asked to endorse conservation-easement discussions in Powell and Missoula counties, and the acquisition of a property in northwestern Montana on the Flathead River.
Following the formal agenda, there will be an executive-session briefing on potential litigation strategies in response to the recent appeal of the federal decision to remove wolves from the list of endangered species.
FWP ensures its meetings are fully accessible to those with a disability. Individuals with special needs may request arrangements by contacting FWP at: 406-444-3186.