Fri Feb 29 00:00:00 MST 2008
Montana’s Fish, Wildlife & Parks Commission will meet March 13 at the FWP Helena Headquarters, 1420 East 6th Ave, beginning at 8:30 a.m.
The FWP Commission will make final decisions on:
- acquiring additional land adjacent to the FWP Region 6 headquarters in Glasgow for storage;
- Future Fisheries project proposals;
- commercial fishing regulations on Canyon Ferry Reservoir and Lake Helena;
- acquisition of water rights currently leased at Cedar Creek, a tributary to the Yellowstone River near Corwin Springs, for instream use;
- limited take of peregrine falcon young from the wild for falconry; and a
- resolution urging Congress to fund grizzly bear conservation.
The FWP Commission will make tentative decisions on rules to guide fire emergency closures on public waters and on fishing restrictions in times of low flows and elevated water temperatures.
The FWP Commission will also be asked to proceed with acquisition of a fishing access site on the west shore of Silver Lake near Georgetown Lake.
The full agenda for the FWP Commission meeting can be found by clicking on the FWP home page at fwp.mt.gov under Hot Topics.
Following the formal agenda, the public may bring additional items to the FWP Commission's attention.
FWP ensures its meetings are fully accessible to those with a disability. Individuals with special needs may request arrangements by contacting FWP at: 406-444-3186.