Hunting District Restrictions, Closures & Reopenings
Tue Oct 29 09:31:00 MDT 2013
The hunting of mountain lions in several Montana hunting districts will close at one-half hour after sunset on date specified below. The hunting districts are:
Closed To All Mountain Lions:
- HD 140 - which includes portions of Flathead County – closes Wed., Oct. 30, 2013
- HD 310, 311, 360, 361 & 362 – which includes portions of Gallatin, Madison, Jefferson and Broadwater Counties – closes Wed., Oct. 30, 2013
- HD 318 & 335 – which includes portions of Jefferson and Lewis & Clark Counties - closes Tues, Oct. 29, 2013. These districts will re-open to the hunting of male mountain lions Dec. 1 for the winter season.
- HD's 400, 401, 403, 406, 415 & 441 – which includes portions of Toole, Pondera, Liberty, Chouteau, Glacier and Teton Counties – closed Sept. 17, 2013
Close to Female Mountain Lion:
- HD 121 – which includes portions of Sanders County – closed Oct. 18, 2013. This district will re-open to the hunting of male mountain lions Dec. 1 for the winter season.
Most of these hunting districts will re-open for the hunting of all mountain lions for the winter season beginning Dec. 1, 2013 unless specified above.
The closure notice for the hunts came after Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks officials received word that the pre-established harvest quotas and sub-quotas for the districts had been met.
For more information, visit FWP's website at fwp.mt.gov, click on "Hunting," then under Hunting Guides click on "Mountain Lion," or call the toll-free number at 1-800-385-7826.