Hunting District Restrictions, Closures & Reopenings
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
The hunting of mountain lions several Montana hunting districts in Region's 2, 4 and 7 will close at one-half hour after sunset on Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013:
Close to hunting of female mountain lions:
- HD 202 & 203 – which includes portions of Missoula and Mineral counties.
Closed to hunting of all mountain lions:
- HD 250 – which includes portions of Ravalli county;
- HD 270 – which includes portions of Ravalli county;
- HD’s 404, 421, 444 & 450 - which includes portions of Teton, Pondera, Chouteau, Cascade and Lewis & Clark counties;
- Region 7 – which includes portions of Garfield, McCone, Prairie, Custer, Rosebud, Treasure, Yellowstone, Musselshell, Big Horn, Dawson, Richland, Wibaux, Fallon, Powder River and Carter counties.
The closure notice for the hunt came shortly after Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks officials received word that the pre-established harvest quota or sub-quota for the district(s) had been met.
For more information, visit FWP's website at fwp.mt.gov, click on “Hunting," then under Hunting Guides click on “Mountain Lion,” or call the toll-free number at 1-800-385-7826.