How will elk shoulder seasons be used in FWP R6 in 2016-17?
- Region 6 will have shoulder season opportunities for two weeks after the general elk season.
Where can I hunt and when?
- Shoulder season in R6 will run from Dec. 15-31
- HDs 620, 621, 622, 630, 631, 632 — All lands (private and public) outside CMR National Wildlife Refuge
- HDs 680 and 690 — All lands
What license do I need and how do I get it?
- Shoulder seasons are for antlerless elk only, utilizing only specific B-licenses (Limited Drawing- June 1 deadline).
- 699-00 Elk B license - (500) — valid in HDs 620, 621, 622, 630, 631, 632
- 696-00 Elk B license - (100) — valid in HD 680 & 690
- Elk licenses valid during the archery and general seasons are not valid for the shoulder season in Region 6. You must apply for and obtain an elk B license valid for the HD you intend to hunt during the shoulder season.
- You can hold only one elk B license valid for the shoulder season which allows for one antlerless elk to be harvested.
Can I hunt Block Management Areas during the shoulder seasons?
- Some landowners who enroll land in the Block Management Program have chosen to allow public elk hunting ONLY during the archery only and general firearms hunting seasons, while other landowners have chosen to allow public elk hunting during all legal seasons between the Block Management contract dates of September 1 – January 1. Hunters will need to look at the specific 2016 BMA maps and the chart in the 2016 Block Management Hunting Access Guide to determine when public elk hunting will be allowed on a specific BMA.
Where can I find out more information?