You are here:   Home » Hunting » Licenses & Permits » Types of Licenses & Permits with Costs » Nonresident Students

Nonresident Student Hunters


If you are a nonresident college student currently carrying 12 credits or more at a Montana college or university, you can now fish and hunt deer, elk and upland game birds for $70 plus a $10 hunting access enhancement fee. For a big game license, that's a savings of $916!

Licenses go on sale September 15, 2015 at all FWP region offices and the Helena FWP headquarters.

Students must provide at the time of purchase:

  • Current enrollment verification form
  • Valid student identification
  • Proof of completing hunter education in Montana or elsewhere.

For more information call (406) 444-2950.