The F & W Commission approved a random drawing for deer-hunter access to Montana's Marias River Wildlife Management Area, southwest of Shelby in Hunting District 406.
Deer hunters must apply for an opportunity to access the WMA via a random drawing for deer hunting periods during the Archery Season—September 5 through October 18, 2015; or the General Rifle Season—October 24 through November 15, 2015.
Access to the Marias River Wildlife Management Area will be allocated as follows:
2015 Archery Season - Deer Hunting Periods
- 10 archers for the first 2 weeks (Sept 5 – Sept 19)
- 10 archers for the 3rd and 4th weeks (Sept 20 – Oct 3)
- 10 archery hunters for 5th and 6th weeks (Oct 4 – Oct 18)
2015 General Season - Deer Hunting Periods
- 10 rifle hunters for the 1st week (Oct 24 – Oct 30)
- 10 rifle hunters for the 2nd week (Oct 31 – Nov 6)
- 10 rifle hunters for the 3rd and final week (Nov 7 – Nov 15)
Public hunting access for all other species (except deer) is open on the Marias River Wildlife Management Area.