The FWP Commission approved a random drawing for deer-hunter access to Montana's Marias River Wildlife Management Area, southwest of Shelby in Hunting District 406.
Deer hunters must apply for an opportunity to access the WMA via a random drawing for deer hunting periods during the Archery Season—September 7 through October 20, 2014; or the General Rifle Season—October 25 through November 16, 2014.
Access to the Marias River Wildlife Management Area will be allocated as follows:
2014 Archery Season - Deer Hunting Periods
- 10 archers for the first 2 weeks (Sept 6 – Sept 20)
- 10 archers for the 3rd and 4th weeks (Sept 21 – Oct 4)
- 10 archery hunters for 5th and 6th weeks (Oct 5 – Oct 19)
2014 General Season - Deer Hunting Periods
- 10 rifle hunters for the 1st week (Oct 25 – Oct 31)
- 10 rifle hunters for the 2nd week (Nov 1 – Nov 8)
- 10 rifle hunters for the 3rd and final week (Nov 9 – Nov 16)
Public hunting access for all other species (except deer) is open on the Marias River Wildlife Management Area.