Fishing Montana's waters is enjoyed by many, but only a few anglers catch a record fish. Montana Fish Wildlife, & Parks recognizes these anglers.
2014 Rock Bass Record
I caught a record-breaker! What now?
- To prevent loss of weight, do not clean or freeze the fish. Keep the fish cool—preferably on ice.
- Take a picture of the fish.
- Weigh the fish on a certified scale (found in grocery store or hardware store, etc.), witnessed by a store employee or other observer. Obtain a weight receipt and an affidavit from the store personnel if no FWP official is present. Measure the length and girth.
- Contact the nearest FWP office to have the fish positively identified by a Fisheries Biologist or Manager.
- Fill out the Fish Record Form 25 KB and send it to:
- Beth Giddings
- Fisheries Division
- Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks
- PO Box 200701
- Helena, MT 59620-0701