Pond & Stream Applications

Ponds & Streams

Import Permit Application

76 KB 37 KB

All importations of live fish or fish eggs for introduction into any private or public pond, stream, lake, or other water in Montana, or fish transported through Montana, must be accompanied by a permit issued by Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks.

Private Fish Ponds Application

161 KB 93 KB

Private Fish Pond Transfer Application

139 KB 78 KB

A person who owns or lawfully controls a private fish pond may obtain a license from FWP to stock the pond with fish. Koi ponds must be registered with Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks. Learn more

List of approved fish hatcheries (aka commercial fish ponds) for purchasing fish for private ponds.

14 KB

Private Pond License Search

Stream Permitting

If you are planning to do work on or near a waterway in Montana, one or several permits may be required. Refer to the Stream Permitting page for information about permits, guidelines, and maps. Learn more