You are here:   Home » Fish & Wildlife » Licenses & Permits

Licenses & Permits

Permits are necessary to possess and/or use various types of wildlife, both native species and exotic species. There are some species of exotic wildlife that may NOT be possessed as personal pets. Learn the difference between controlled, noncontrolled, and prohibited species to be clear on which species you may possess.

No species of wildlife may be released into the wild without specific authorization from the department.

View applications:

Vehicle-Killed Wildlife Salvage Permit

The 2013 Legislature passed a bill that allows for the salvage of deer, elk, moose, and antelope killed as a result of a collision with a motor vehicle. The bill allows a permit to be issued for the salvage of ONLY deer, elk, moose and antelope. Learn more