You are here:   Home » Education » Outdoor Recreation » Boating, Floating, & Kayaking » Duplicate Certificates

Montana Motorboat Operator's Certificate

Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks offers a boat safety education program for motorboat and personal watercraft operators. Persons 13 years of age or older who successfully complete the course will receive a motorboat operator's certifcate. Visit the Boating Safety Courses page for more information about taking the course.

Duplicate certificates

If you took the Montana Motorboat Operator's homestudy course and your certificate was lost or destroyed, you can request a duplicate certificate by providing the following information to the Fish, Wildlife & Parks state headquarters at (406) 444-2535:

  • Name
  • Mailing address
  • Phone number
  • Year the certificate was issued

If you need a duplicate of your certificate issued by a different boat education course provider, you will need to contact that provider directly.