You are here:   Home » Doing Business » Licenses & Permits » River Recreation

River Recreation

Recreating in Montana is a great privilege—and a lot of fun! Some forms of recreation require you to obtain a permit. If you want to place a geocache at a state park or fishing access site, ride a snowmobile or off-highway vehicle that's registered in another state or province, or plan a gathering for 30 or more people at a state park or fishing access site, you'll need a permit. We've even included information on State Lands recreation permits and backcountry camping permits in Glacier and Yellowstone national parks. Follow the links below to learn more about each permit.